South Bay Fire Department is establishing a promotion list for the position of career lieutenant.
The lieutenant reports directly to the battalion chief on duty. The position is important in that it serves as the first line of supervision to department members. These positions will supervise career and volunteer responders.
Applicants who are not current full-time employees of South Bay will be required to provide proof of successfully completing a Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) within 6 months prior to application. CPAT certification will be accepted from recognized test sites. For more information on the CPAT visit www.PublicSafetyTesting.com.
Applicants who are not currently employed full-time will be required to go through additional background and medical screenings prior to being hired.
- Application period open June 11
- Application period closes September 6
- Applications screened and invited to assessment center
- Optional assessment center orientation September 17
- Lieutenant skills assessment October 1st and 2nd
- Chief oral boards
- Tentative start date December 1
For additional information or questions contact Battalion Chief Brent McBride at McBride@southbayfire.com